"It Is a Tree of Life to Those Who Hold Fast To It" (Proverbs 3:18)
Etz Hayim Synagogue Installs Rabbi Peter Levy
In a moving and profound Friday night Service November 7, 2014 Rabbi Marc Gruber installed and laid hands upon Etz Hayim’s new Rabbi Peter Levy. Rabbi Gruber is the rabbi of the Central Synagogue of Nassau County, New York.
As a lifelong Reform Jew, Rabbi Levy believes in its broadly inclusive approach to our religion. Music and spirituality are meaningful parts of his Jewish persona and he sees them as valuable tools for taking a modern approach to the texts and traditions that have sustained our people for millennia. He has served as a chaplain, and has developed a heightened sense of compassion for the needs of those who face challenges in life. He loves
teaching both young and older students, and he draws upon on his roots in the Reform Jewish youth movement. One of his goals is to educate the present and future Jews in the depth and joys of Judaism.
Special Assessment Fundraiser
We are among the 603 Reasons New Hampshire is special.
48. Moo’s ice cream. Where Al takes us after Friday night services
50. Kayaking. Shabbat on the Lake
122. Londonderry. Where many of our members live
136. Derry. Home of the Interfaith Campus and home to many of our members
507. Derry Free Meals Network, shows we take care of our own. Elijah’s Table
517. The relationship between Etz Hayim and the Church of the Transfiguration.
570. Pawtuckaway State Park. The Lake is the site of our annual picnic.