DOUBLE MITZVAH YARD SALE
When: Sunday, August 4, 2013
Time: 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Location: Etz Hayim Parking Lot
Purpose: To raise money for Elijah’s Table, our free community meals program!
Our upcoming yard sale is a great opportunity for you to support Elijah’s Table, our free community meals program. The yard sale is also a “mitzvah project” for one of our Bar Mitzvah students. So helping us out is a double mitzvah! You can help us by donating or buying items, or both, and by inviting your friends and neighbors to our yard sale.
We are NOT collecting: anything that is dirty, torn or broken, in need of any kind of repair, or otherwise undesirable; anything that is large and difficult for us to move (or get rid of if we can’t sell!); computer equipment; stuffed animals; text books.
Thank you for helping us out!
For more information about Elijah’s Table, please go to http://freemealsinderry.blogspot.com.
If you have any of the following (or similar) items that are clean and in good condition, please contact Dina Michael Chaitowitz to discuss the item and arrange for pick up or delivery (no items should be brought to the Synagogue except upon prior arrangement):
1. Bikes, trikes, and unicycles;
2. Tonka toy trucks and other cool moving toys;
3. Legos and other cool toys (but no stuffed animals);
4. Basketballs, soccer balls, footballs, baseball bats, baseball mitts, and the like;
5. Other sporting equipment: for example, skis, fishing poles,
skateboards, and boogie and surf boards;
6. Folding chairs, beach chairs, stools, and other chairs;
7. Small bookcases, small tables, folding tables, and small chests;
9. Books to read: for example, cool kids’ books, romance novels, mysteries;
10. Really cool knick-knacks (but not art work);
11. Sets of dishes, or sets of cups, or sets of cutlery (but nothing with logos);
12. Small working TV sets and alarm clocks;
13. Watches, bracelets, and necklaces;
14. Small exercise equipment, like hand weights;
15. Flashlights and lanterns, hunting and Swiss army knives, multi-tools, and other small camping equipment;
16. Small office supplies like staplers and hole-punchers;
17. Fans, beach umbrellas, coolers;
18. Portable musical instruments (guitar, snare drums, etc).